What does Hannaford offer?
- We provide classes for Grade 1 to Grade 7 learners.
- No school uniforms needed.
- 8-10 learners per classroom. Our environment is different, and our classrooms are small and controlled.
- Brain Gym® is part of our curriculum.
- Academix learning program to improve reading and comprehension.
- Bridging the Gap Book Series is part of our curriculum.
- We have Computer Coding classes to improve communication, creativity, maths, writing and logical thinking.
- We have Yoga classes to enchance flexibility, strenght, co-ordination and body awareness of our children.
- Please note that we teach in English and Afrikaans.
- We focus on the 5 Love Languages as well as the 9 Multi-Intelligences of the children.
- We stay open for enrolment throughout the year.
- Our environment is not suited for learners with severe learning or physical disabilities.
Monday – Thursday: 07:00 – 14:30
Friday: 07:00 – 13:00
Aftercare from Monday – Thursday: 14:30 – 17:00
Aftercare for Friday: 13:00 – 17:00
PUBLIC SCHOOL TERMS 2021 CALENDER
15 Feb – 23 April
3 May – 9 July
26 July – 1 Oct
11 Oct – 15 Dec
For Applications, please select
For information about admission criteria and procedures please contact us. We have created an online service to help parents with questions and information. If we can assist you with anything or if we do not have a learning centre in your area, please feel free to contact us directly. Maybe we can be of assistance in a different way. Our sole purpose is to assist parents, answer questions and find solutions. You are also very welcome to apply either online or download the application form. Please make sure to fill in all the questions. Our staff will then be in contact with you to arrange an interview. Welcome.
What is Academix and Brain Gym?
Academix is an educational program to help anyone achieve academic excellence. Academix supports the development of the following:
Visual discrimination, Succession, Analysis and Synthesis. It also assists with Word building, Memory, Spelling and Reading Skills.
Lastly we focus on Understanding, Sentence construction, Letter recognition (Foundation phase) and Concentration.
- Academix aims to teach reading skills and can be seen as a bilingual educational programme rather than a reading program. The content is set to satisfy the interest and age of each individual learner.
- To improve reading skills or to correct incorrect reding techniques, attention has to be paid to writing skills as well.
- Reading speed and comprehension. These two skills have to be addressed simultaneously as they go hand in hand. Speed reading without understanding has no value – slow reading with good comprehension inhibits the learning outcomes.
- Spelling – Academix helps with spelling of new and relevant words by using flash cards (Fun with words). ‘’Fun with sentences’’ supplies additional spelling training.
Brain Gym is a series of movements and postures specifically compiled with the purpose of integrating the body and the brain. The movements build pathways in the brain. It is a practical process to identify inefficient habits and to transform old habits or behaviour. People who find learning and remembering easy, have a myriad of pathways and highways to all parts of the brain. Learning is a process that never stops and it is not all in our head. We anchor learning through movement. Learning is fun with Brain Gym and this is done through neuro-integration using quick and energising movements. It is a common-sense, non-invasive alternative to drug therapy. Behaviours as listed below can be addressed:
Motivation, Memory, Trauma, ADD/ADHD, Learning abilities, Stress management, Self-awarness, Concentration, Self-esteem and Co-ordination.
We also focus on Communication, Spatial, Intelligence and Goal setting.